The success of an event or a show is largely dependent on the quality and relevance of the guest speakers.
Given that I have given talks on various platform, this page provides an overview of what you can expect. This page answers the question: should I be a speaker on your next event?
Main topics that I talk about
Blogging as a Business: This talk is about community building and using social media to nurture, serve and lead a community. Depending on your agenda, we can talk about monetizing the community using honest best-practices. How a business or an individual can take an idea and help it spread in the global community that is now facilitated by the internet. It is about going deep in the broadest medium out there.
The Possibility of Adventure: This talk is about living a life we look forward to living! About integrating our work, our self, our homes and our communities to lead a more fulfilling life! This is normally a one day workshop but can be adjusted to a 3 hour primer on the possibilities of introducing adventure to our lives, no matter we are working a job or are self employed.
Hobby business / Entrepreneurship / Social Media: How to take your hobby and turn it into a long-term, profitable and satisfying business using the tools made available through social media. This talk also covers tactics, with a clear focus on understanding the strategies (so it won’t matter when the tools/tactics change). This talk paves the way for the audience to become ProHobbyists.
Productivity for the Creative: Most creatives don’t feel motivated to be productive. This talk is aimed at sharing stories that help the Creative decide on living a life more focused on creating meaningful art in the most efficient and effective manner.
A little bit about me
I have been an entrepreneur all my life, starting my first enterprise while in college. I treat each enterprise as an adventure and an experiment, and in the last 11 years, I have had the pleasure of starting and profiting from 17 small to mid-sized businesses. From a dairy farm to hosting business, I now blog as a business.
- I treat blog as the primary method of building your community. I am fortunate to serve a community of like-minded people who want to do meaningful work and live a life of adventure!
- I am a published writer with articles and citations appearing in publications such as Spider, The Huffington Post, ProBlogger, Payoneer Blog, Wired, Boing Boing and The Friday Times.
- Two of my blogs have won national awards as being the best in category (automobile blog and best business blog).
- I have three published eBooks read by thousands of people from around the world.
- This blog LifeETC by Momekh is the largest single-author blog in Pakistan. The blog has a combined reach of 10,000 people per month.
- I am married and have a family of 3. I am also in partnership with my wife and have helped her start her own blog as a business.
Not-so-little about me can be found here.
I speak on blogging, life planning, adventure and turning “pro” with your hobbies.
- I was a panelist at the Blogging panel at the Digital Youth Summit 2014, sponsored by KPITB and World Bank.
- I have conducted workshop on starting a hobby-based business online.
- I have been invited on TEDx twice. Once was the highest TEDx talk that took place at 4,000 meters (at Fairy Meadows near the Nanga Parbat basecamp). The topic was “the biggest risk you are taking”.
- I have given a talk on blogging as a business at Plan9 tech incubator.
- Numerous talks at universities related to building a community with one’s blog.
- I gave a TEDx talk on living a life of adventure.
- I was invited to PTV to talk about starting micro businesses to finance your adventures (we also talked about the triathlon that I ran, using affiliate sites to generate the income to finance that adventure!).
Get in touch with me for a quick reply:Start the Conversation
Some videos and pictures from past speaking events:
The TEDx talk on the biggest risk:
20 minutes on PTV network:
The SITE Entrepreneurship Summit was held at Royal Palm, Lahore
Start the Conversation