On Money, Communities and This Thing Called Life
- If you can’t answer, “where exactly will I spend this money”, then that money is not worth working for.
- Try to trade the value you create for money (being self employed), instead of trading your time for money (doing a job).
- Money is the root of all evil? Your choices, decisions and goals are the root of all evil.
- Money can buy happiness but only to a very limited extent.
- Regularly give money in charity. Make sure no one knows. If you’re too uncomfortable doing that, you’re giving money too much importance.
- The most fulfilling way of earning honest money is to do for-profit philanthropy.
- The problems of the communities you belong to, are your problems. Whether you like it or not. Contribute, you’ll feel better. Or leave.
- It is better to have a small number of people care a lot (community) than a large number of people care a little (fame).
- It is better to have an audience than a client list. To build an audience, a client list is a good start though.
- Your communities will respond to you if you (a) do great work yourself, or (b) help them in doing their’s.
- Building and nurturing communities takes work, time and money. It is also very fulfilling, profitable and lasts longer than you.
- Social media, like phones and letters, is a tool. A medium for communication with your community. Use it as such.
- What can I work on for the rest of my life and I’ll be OK? My community.
- Don’t fret too much about life, it’ll be over soon. All your worries will vanish, give it a decade or four.
- Side with the truth. Even if the truth is siding with the enemy.
- All authorities worth following, are worth questioning.
- Creativity is what makes you human.
- Life is beautiful. It is also a bitch. Choose.
- Take bigger risk to dramatically improve. Here, I’ll prove it: to improve = change status quo = do new things = higher risk. Hence, RHS=LHS.
- If your life is all about your work, your work better be freakin’ awesome.
- If you’re not working to improve and contribute, then what exactly are you doing?
- Assume the best in people to get the best of people. Assume the worst in people to get the worst of people. Try it sometimes.
- It’s better to break bones than hearts.
- Encourage others, especially when they suck. They’ll improve faster.
- Be curious at all times.
- Make new hobbies. Everything else are details.
God is great and aal iz well.
I hope you are having a good day, wherever you are. Prayers and feedback are always welcome. All the best, and live curiously.
Liked what you read? Share it across your network. It helps.
Click Here to share on Facebook. Thanks in advance, you’re awesome.
Photo credit: Richard