Core Elements of Digital Marketing
This resource page is designed for you if:
You want to know the fundamentals of digital marketing so you KNOW what to do to increase your profits and make a difference. This is digital marketing done right.
Any activity that does not directly fall into these core elements of digital marketing, then you know you are not on track.
Hope this serves as the reminder to keep us focused on our messages and our commitment to powerful and profitable results and not get swept away by trends and one-off tactics Aameen آمین
Our intention is to use Digital Marketing to build a powerful and profitable brand, because once we have that, the profits of a business soar!
We can divide our approach into:
- Two fundamental concepts
- Four strategies
- Two systems
Once we understand these 2-4-2 core elements, you will be miles ahead of others in getting profits from digital marketing!
The Two Fundamental Concepts
The two fundamental concepts of Digital Marketing from which everything else flows are:
- The Profitable Client Journey
- Content Marketing
First you establish your client’s journey, and that journey will be the cornerstone of your business and your marketing strategy.
The client journey is mapped onto your product funnel, your business itself!
Then you deploy Content Marketing to help the client on their journey. Your content marketing strategy is based on the PCJ. And the job of your content is move your leads down the funnel, how? With content.
It is this Content Marketing strategy that informs us which content to use when, and how to deliver it to the client (via email, WhatsApp, Facebook messenger, a Facebook ad, LinkedIn etc!)
Once you have clarity on your Client Journey, and you have a starting document for your Content Marketing, you’re ready to deploy the proven digital marketing strategies.
The Four Strategies for Digital Marketing
There are four strategies for digital marketing.
- Paid Advertising (this is when you pay platforms like Facebook and Google to run ads to your ideal client)
- Email Marketing (building relationships by sharing meaningful content via email newsletters is, believe it or not, 40 times more profitable than sharing the same content on social media)
- Social Media Marketing (sharing strategic content on platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube etc)
- Search Marketing (this is typically called SEO i.e. Search Engine Optimization, but it is worth mentioning that any content you publish on your website/blog is a Search Marketing activity as well)
When one is starting out, the ideal way is to focus on just one or maybe two of the above strategies.
The goal is to be profitable enough and organized enough to run all four strategies for your business… the results grow exponentially because of such coordinated efforts.
The reason these efforts are coordinated is because they come from the same Content Marketing Strategy, which in turns comes from really understanding your client journey with respect to your business/brand.
And finally, the two systems you need to run all of this are:
The Two Systems
The two systems you need to run the day-to-day of your digital marketing efforts are:
- A Performance Scorecard (so you track, analyse and score your digital marketing strategies. Why is this so important? Based on the simple premise that you can not improve something if you are not measuring it, as a business it becomes our primary job to measure so we can improve our marketing)
- Conversion Optimization (this is where you take what you’ve learnt from Performance Scoring, and then update your strategy going forward. Notice that Optimization is on the Strategy side of the digital marketing process and Performance Scoring is not. This is because after going through campaigns one realizes that Scoring is a “tactical”, day-to-day activity, whereas Optimization is once a week, once a month, once a quarter type of activity)
Notice that once you have done the hard work of:
- Mapping out your Profitable Client Journey
- Making a Content Marketing Strategy to help the prospect client buy from you…
The remaining elements come into play.
You select the strategy that best suits your client journey, and you plug that into your weekly or monthly content calendar.
The weekly or monthly rhythm of your business or brand can easily be a weekly review of your Performance Scorecard, suggested changes to be implemented (Conversion Optimization), and then going back to the four strategies to maximize your results.
Why Do Most Businesses and Brands Fail At Digital Marketing?
Most businesses and brands don’t succeed because they only look at the four strategies and pick one and run with it.
But they don’t do basic analytics (Performance Scorecard), so they don’t know what to improve. And because most businesses:
- run ads on Facebook or YouTube (Paids Ads)
- Create content for Facebook and YouTube videos (SM Marketing)
- Send email blasts to unsuspecting people without their permission (Email Marketing)
… and they do these tactics without giving a long, hard look at their Profitable Client Journey, they end up wasting a lot of hard earned money on vanity metrics like the number of likes on their content… whereas the profit margins suffer.
How to Succeed at Digital Marketing
- Map out the Profitable Client Journey
- Come up with a simple one-pager on your Content Strategy that best fits your Client Journey
- Before running any ads, or sharing any content, make a scorecard that you will use to track the effectiveness of your strategy. Ideally, have a scorecard each for each strategy.
- Start sharing content, running ads etc as per your Content Marketing strategy.
- Set a weekly rhythm of reviewing your performance and make changes to your content accordingly.
If you are thinking, “OK this looks harder than I thought” then you are not alone. I personally learnt these the hard way, and I see a lot of brands suffer because of not following these core elements of digital marketing.
I have put together multiple assets to help you in your journey.
As you are someone who has read this far, I invite you to join me at our membership where we learn how to implement these strategies.
We have detailed instructions on building your Profitable Client Journey, making a Content Marketing Strategy for your brand, How to build a custom scorecard to map your growth and a lot of other action plans, Masterclasses and workshops to help you succeed inshAllah.
And we also do live sessions to ensure our members get the right answer for their specific needs. I look forward to seeing you on the inside.